A new year brings the promise of a fresh start.
While you might be struggling to find the motivation for a daily workout already, we’ll bet that you’re still keen on the idea of making a few home improvements. And what better place to start than with your staircase?
New year, new staircase
The staircase is one of the most prominent features in any property – guaranteed to greet anyone who steps over the threshold.
Used daily by everyone in your household (including family pets and guests), it can soon start to look old and tired, though. For example, you may notice that the treads are well-worn, or the handrail is wobbly. Or maybe one or more of your wooden spindles are chipped.
As staircase specialists, Abbott-Wade has renovated and replaced countless staircases in Scotland over the years and we’re confident that we can help.
Read on to find out whether you should renovate or replace your staircase in 2024.
Reasons to renovate
Over the years, our talented joiners have helped many customers renovate their staircases in Glasgow, Edinburgh, Ayr and various other areas north of the border.
Here are just some of the reasons why…
- Improve appearance – if your staircase is structurally sound and you’re not looking to change its direction or number of turns, you’d be surprised how much difference a few simple alterations can make.
- Minimise disruption – worried about your stairs being out of bounds? If your stairs are stable, a renovation can usually be completed quickly and with little hassle – ensuring minimal disruption for your entire household.
- Low cost – on a tight budget? A renovation is a cost-effective alternative to a full staircase replacement – guaranteed to give your tired structure a new lease of life, without breaking the bank.
Reasons to replace
Although a staircase refurbishment will give your stairs a brand-new look for less, Abbott-Wade has an enviable reputation for creating bespoke staircases in Edinburgh and beyond.
If any of the following apply to you, it may be worth considering a replacement.
- Enhance safety – if your staircase has parts that are damaged beyond repair, a replacement is likely to be the only feasible option. Installing a new staircase will give you the peace of mind that elderly relatives and toddlers can ascend and descend safely – reducing the risk of them falling and injuring themselves.
- Tailor the design – recently moved house? If the staircase is not to your personal taste and you’ve got big plans to renovate, Abbott-Wade can design, manufacture and install a bespoke structure to suit not only your style but your home and budget, too.
- Increase property value – if you’re planning on putting your house on the market in the coming months or years, replacing the current flight of stairs with something more practical and on-trend will inevitably add value. It’ll make your property more appealing to prospects and boost your chances of getting the sale over the finish line.
Take the next step towards your staircase project
Whether you decide to go down the route of a staircase renovation or replacement, Abbott-Wade has you covered.
We understand that no two customers’ tastes and style preferences are the same – and neither are their homes nor budgets. That’s why we’ll always discuss your staircase ideas in full before we begin.
To get the ball rolling on your project, don’t hesitate to call the team on 01744 634 442 today.