How To Spread the Cost of Your New Staircase
Whether you’re wanting a new staircase or a renovation, our flexible payment terms help to make affording a beautiful, pre-finished Abbott-Wade staircase easier allowing you to spread the cost of your staircase using one of our finance options.
If you choose to arrange your finance agreement using Abbott-Wade and are a successful applicant, your finance agreement will be with Hitachi Capital Finance and you’ll have nothing more to pay until your staircase is installed. Further payments will be made monthly or deferred for a specified period according to your finance agreement. You can make over payments or pay off your agreement early at no additional cost.
To arrange a visit from a member of the Abbott-Wade Design Team please call our team on 01744 634442 or complete the form at the bottom of the page.
Speak to our friendly sales team
If spreading the cost of your order would be a useful option for you, speak to a member of our sales team about the options available for you over a cup of tea in your home with a free, no obligation design consultation.
Apply in just a few clicks
If you are happy with the finance option offered and would like to proceed, we will submit your finance application during your design consultation and you’ll receive an instant answer if it was successful.
Your finance payments
Once you have been accepted, you’ll need to pay your initial deposit to us to secure your order and set the wheels in motion for your new staircase. Your new finance arrangement will mean you’ll have nothing else to pay until after your new staircase has been installed.
Finance is provided by Hitachi Capital Consumer Finance.
Hitachi Customer Helpline 0344 375 5500
Monday to Friday 8:45am – 7:30pm
Saturday 8:45am – 12 noon
Hitachi Capital Consumer Finance, 2 Apex View, Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS11 9BH
To qualify for Hitachi Finance you must:
- be 18 or older;
- be in permanent paid employment or retired and receiving a pension, or be a houseperson with a partner in permanent paid employment or be self employed;
- be a resident in the UK (or a British Crown Dependency if approved by Hitachi Capital) for a minimum of 12 months;
- be able to provide acceptable proof of address and proof of signature;
- make payments by direct debit; and
- be purchasing the goods and/or services for personal use and not for business use.
Who is not eligible for Hitachi Capital finance?
The following applicants would not be eligible for Hitachi Capital finance:
- Unemployed people.
- Temporary / Agency workers.
- Childminders working from home, unless they have a registered child minding business.
- Foster carers (with no other paid employment) are not acceptable unless partner/spouse is in permanent employment (16 hours per week minimum).
- Students (other than trainee nurses and doctors) even if working 16 hours or more per week.
- Supply teachers (unless the applicants fixed term contract expires after the end of the term of the agreement)
If you are unsure whether you qualify for Hitachi Finance call their Customer Helpline on 0344 375 5500
Proof of residency
Proof of residency is the main form of identification Hitachi Capital use to confirm the Customer’s residential address. We can accept one of the following:
- The goods are to be delivered inside the Customer’s current residential address.
- Driving Licence (within date) with the Customer’s current residential address.
- Bank or Building Society statement dated in the last 3 months with the Customer’s current residential address.
- Public Utility Bill dated in last 3 months with the Customer’s current residential address.
- Official Document (e.g. Pension Book) with the Customer’s current residential address.
Proof of signature
Proof of signature is the form of identification Hitachi Capital use to confirm the Customer’s signature. We can accept one of the following:
- Credit or Debit Card
- Driving Licence
- Police Warrant Card
- H.M. Forces Identity Card
(All documents must be within date)
Within minutes of your application being approved, you will be presented with the options to either e-sign or print and return your finance agreement.
If you choose to e-sign your agreement, a PDF of your agreement will be displayed on screen. Please read the agreement carefully before clicking all the relevant sections agreeing to its terms. Once you have agreed to the terms of the finance agreement, we will be notified and that’s it! You need to do nothing more.
A referred application means it has a temporary status. You will be contacted by Hitachi to inform you of an accepted decision, a declined decision or with a request to provide further information. Until the information requested by Hitachi’s underwriters is provided a final decision will not be made on the application.
Yes. We will collect a deposit via debit/credit card, bank transfer, cheque or cash inline with our Terms & Conditions to secure your order once your finance has been approved. Your deposit will be made to Abbott-Wade Ltd.
No. In order to safeguard against fraudulent applications, we are able only to deliver goods when the billing and delivery address are the same.
If you arrange finance when you first place your order there should be no delay in the production or installation of your new staircase.
If you select finance as a payment method at a later date this may result in a delay to your installation.
If you want to change your order, you have 30 days from the date of your accepted application to amend it. Please get in contact with your designer to discuss the options available to you. A further credit check may be necessary subject to whether your order value has increased or decreased.
If you are declined during the credit application process you will be shown the decision by Hitachi, along with a decline letter. You can call the Hitachi Customer Helpline 0344 375 5500.
Although we are unable to provide you with a main reason for decline of your application, it is usually based on one, or a combination of the following:
1. Your credit score (please note that every finance company will score you differently)
2. Adverse credit reference agency information
3. You are considered to be overcommitted
4. You are aged under 18
5. Your existing account performance with other lenders
Abbott-Wade Ltd is not a lender and authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (reference number FRN715715).
Credit is subject to application and affordability. Terms and conditions apply. Minimum loan value £2,000. Credit provided by Hitachi Personal Finance, a trading style of Hitachi Capital (UK) PLC, authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (Register no. 704348).
Book a visit
* These fields are required.